One of the many options of modules in our systems is the use of a Smarpod for high-precision alignment of substrates and components. This allows manipulation in six degrees of freedom with positioning accuracies less than 10nm.To illustrate this, you can see a demonstration process in our linked video.
Process steps shown in the video:
1. the ceramic substrate is measured at 3 positions with the 3D camera to determine the 3D position of the substrate (0-3 sec).2. the Smarpod moves to a correction position to the position determined in step 1 (3-4 sec)
3. the substrate is measured a second time (4-7 sec)
4. the Smarpod makes another correction movement (8 sec)
5. the substrate is measured a third time and the result is found to be good (9-13 sec)
6. the Smarpod moves to the measuring position for the height measurement of the bond surface (13- 14 sec)
7. the linear axis with the measuring head of the confocal sensor moves into the measuring position – the exact height of the bond area is measured (15- 16 sec)
8. the linear axis with the measuring head of the confocal sensor moves back to the rest position (17 – 19 sec)
9. the smarpod moves back to the position it had reached in the 4th step (19 – 20 sec)
10. the placement head fetches an invisible component from the wafflepack holder (20 – 24 sec)
11. the placement head moves the component over the placement position (24 – 28 sec)
12. the smarpod moves the last millimeter towards the placement head to press on the invisible component in a defined way (29 sec)
13. the placement head puts down the invisible component and moves back to the overtravel height (30 -32 sec)
14. the smarpod moves back to its starting position (33 sec)
15. the process starts again from the beginning
The compact OurPlant Pocket realises semi-automated processes and provides developers an excellent support in testing, developing and validating their processes.
The desktop machine OurPlant D1 is the basis for the seamless transition of your products
into series production.
The modular design of the OurPlant XTec guarantees adaptation to individual and rapidly changing process requirements.
Like all micro assembly machines of OurPlant, the OurPlant X3 blue is based on a modular design.